Today I will share a few easy ideas to get you started, or if your like me and rather have all the work done for you, get a copy of the downloadable printable which has everything you need to earn the badge with your girls.
Complete Junior Detective Badge Booklet.
Have fun earning the Junior Girl Scout Detective Badge using this booklet for each girl. Print a booklet for each girl and complete the few prep items before the meeting and you will have everything you need to earn the badge.
For each step there are hands on activities to keep the girls engaged while learning about what a detective does every day as part of their job.
- Practice the power of observation – Includes three Observation activities both as a group and individual observation activities.
- Communicate in code – Learn morse code and make a morse code bracelet
- Fingerprint for fun – discover your own fingerprints, make art with finger prints, and learn what type of finger prints you have.
- Try out detective science – investigate who was the writer of a document and what was used to write it using Ink Chromatography
- Follow the clues to solve a real mystery – Solve a puzzle mystery using all the skills developed during other activities.Complete this booklet and the girls will earn the Detective Badge.
Fun and easy Ideas to use when earning the Detective Badge with Your Junior Girl Scouts
Finger Print Without a Ink Pad
All you will need is paper, pencil and clear tape. Using the pencil scribble on a large area of the paper. Then take your finger and push it down on the scribbled area getting it on your finger. Cover your finger with the clear tape and then take the tape and put it down on a white area of the paper or a new white piece of paper. Now you have a finger print without having to buy ink pads.
If you do decide you want to do fingerprinting with a kit here is a great finger printing kit to use: 4M Fingerprint Kit
Now have the girls figure out what type of fingerprint they have…
Do you want new Girl Scout ideas right in your inbox and be the first to be notified when new printables are available in the shop?
Get your FREE Juliette Low “Daisy” Bingo Game when you sign up for the Girl Scout Leader Connect mailing list now!