After struggling with this badge with my Brownie girls, finding a activity that they enjoyed and making it fun I came up with the idea to put together a booklet where they could earn all 5 parts, get up and get moving a bit and learn something new all at the same time.
“Do you ever wonder what it takes to come up with a new kind of phone or a new way to power a light bulb? Would you like an invention that would help you tie your shoes faster or one to make elevators record your singing while you ride? In this badge, find out how inventors make stuff—and become an inventor yourself!” Brownie Inventor Badge
Earning the Brownie Inventor Badge with your girls, no planning ahead of time just print and your ready to go. Print one booklet for each girl and work through the activities. Save and use again and again if you continue to have new girls join your troop. The booklet also includes two great get up and get moving activities. Then when they are all done they can take their booklets home with them and share what they learned with their parents.
- Warm up your inventor’s mind with a brainstorming activity and a get up and get moving activity.
- Find lots of ways to solve the same problem
- Make a needs list of things you need at your meeting place.
- Girls will come up with a number of ways to solve the same problem, and sketch out inventions that they could make
- They will be able to make and share their invention
Do you want new Girl Scout ideas right in your inbox and be the first to be notified when new printables are available in the shop?
Get your FREE Juliette Low “Daisy” Bingo Game when you sign up for the Girl Scout Leader Connect mailing list now!