Every Year Girl Scouts offers the Global Action award for each level of Girl Scouts. You can see all the information on this on the Girl Scout website here
Today I want to share what we did as a troop for our Daisy Girl Scouts earning the Girl Scout Global Action Award.
- Papier-mâché Luggage box
Purchase luggage boxes for girls to paint and design. You can get from Pat Catans or another craft store in your area. We had our girls paint and design their luggage box a few weeks before World Thinking Day and then during our Thinking Day event when we exchanged Girl Scout SWAPs the girls put their trinkets into the luggage box.
- Learn about Schools Around the World
First we had the girls each draw a picture of their school. They can draw a certain place they like best or front of school, the classroom, the cafeteria, the playground, etc. After they have completed drawing their school, have each girl tell one thing they love about their school. Then share with girls some pictures and explain what schools are like in faraway schools. Ask girls what the difference from your own? What are some of the things you have at your school that other children may not have? Use this PDF file with images of Schools around the world. Get it Here
Another option is to use this great book that covers stories of real children from around the world by interviewing them. Get your copy here: School Days Around the World
When the leader calls out a color, the players have to run and touch something that color. Last girl to touch something is out. Who is winner? Play few times if girls enjoy it.List of Colors:
Green, Orange, Red, Purple, Yellow, Blue, Pink
- Create a homemade gameAround the world, especially in poor countries, many children do not have store-bought toys. But they still have fun by making their own things to play with. Invent a game or make a toy out of natural materials such as sticks. Try out your game/toy with your friends.
How to make a flying fish
- First you will need to get color paper and cut a strip of paper.
- You will need to cut slits at either end
- Bend the strip of paper and slot ends together.
- Throw in the air and watch them spin as they come downThe original article for these directions for the flying fish came from here
Do you want new Girl Scout ideas right in your inbox and be the first to be notified when new printables are available in the shop?
Get your FREE Juliette Low “Daisy” Bingo Game when you sign up for the Girl Scout Leader Connect mailing list now!